Sunday, April 11, 2010

Last Post as a Spinster

My little wedding widget informs me that in exactly 6 days, I will be a Mrs. Am I nervous? YES! And the nerves get worse every day...but not why you may think. I am excited beyond measure to marry Jess and there is not an ounce of doubt in my soul that says I shouldn't. The nerves are with the inevitable fact that for an entire day...all eyes will be on me and I will be the center of attention. For someone who usually prefers to remain behind the scenes and under the radar, the knowledge that I will be thrust front and center...scares the hell out me.

This will be my last post before the wedding as my free time is slim to none now and we're leaving Thursday afternoon to head to the wedding location. I'm sure we'll spend Friday helping to set up for the rehearsal dinner and putting centerpieces and favors together. If you guys want to see pictures early...you should send me a friend request on Facebook! Just email me at:
linnyspinster @ gmail.com (without the spaces) and I'll send you my info to find me or you can send me yours...whatever.

I had my final dress fitting last week and get to pick it up Monday or Tuesday...it looks great and I got one that has the corset back because I just think those are very sexy. :o) And we went and got our marriage license Wednesday....so that really put things in perspective and made it real! I'm ever so slightly panicky because my face has been clear for months, but now 6 days before the wedding, I'm breaking out and pro-active isn't doing the job it should! I'm now drinking so much water that I'm sure I could float down the aisle! Sigh. Just my luck.

Anyway, so I guess that's all from me. I'll be back in a few weeks...wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Professor Fate said...

Best of luck, darlin'.

This time next week you'll be wondering why you were nervous and maybe even wondering what all the effort was for because Saturday will be a blur. The wake up Sunday morning a former spinster and begin the rest of your life.

Congrats, good luck and enjoy your day!

4/12/2010 10:38 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

yeah!!
You'll do great as the center of attention. I'm totally facebook adding you because I HAVE to see pics!!

4/12/2010 4:51 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Wish you all the best, Lindsey, a lifetime of love and happiness. May your wedding day be perfect in every way. x

4/13/2010 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I know I'm jumping the gun here, but if you and Jess ever have a baby boy, please don't circumcise him! Have you ever seen it (they have videos of it on youtube)? It's horrific and apparently babies can bleed to death because of it (rare, thankfully).
The circ rates are now about 50/50 so no need to worry about the "odd man out" locker room syndrome anymore.
Just please research it. Baby girls are protected against genital mutilation here in the US, shouldn't boys be too?

http://www.oknocirc.blogspot.com/

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/9985.html

http://www.oprah.com/relationships/Should-We-Circumcise-Our-Son

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christiane-northrup/we-need-to-stop-circumcis_b_470689.html

http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/christian.html

Oh, and happy wedding day and honeymoon to you both! Hope it's wonderful!!!

4/17/2010 4:47 AM  
Blogger Flenderson said...

I don't know you, but best of luck and I hope you have a long happy marriage!

4/18/2010 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?