Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shhhhh, is She Still Breathing?

First of all, thank you everyone for the well wishes. I was relieved to find that I was still breathing when I woke up this morning, so turning 30 didn't kill me as I feared it would. :o)

I especially want to thank Pete (Px) for the best birthday gift of all. He plotted and planned and went to all sorts of trouble to call me all the way from the UK to wish me a happy birthday. This is why I love him, he is thoughtful....AND he has a hot accent!!!

I would be lying if I said the anticipation of having to check the 30-35 box in life hadn't been eating at me. I was certain that my twenties were going to be hard to leave behind. Even up until the very last minute...my heels were dug in and I was clinging to anything I could wrap my fingers around...desperate to stop the pulling of what I thought was certainly a blackhole from which I'd never escape.

But the harder I fought, the more I realized that I was clinging to nothing.

What was it that I was so anxious to keep from losing...the heartache? The bitterness? The stress?

I realized that the really great things in my life came at the end of my time in the 25-29 box and they have continued to be here to hold my hand as I pack away the past and peer nervously into the future.

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Happy Happy (belated) 30th Birthday!!!

7/18/2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

7/18/2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Congrats on the fresh start! Hope your birthday was fantastic!!

7/19/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Well the bright side I suppose is it's the start of a new beginning really :)

7/19/2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Onwards and upwards, great things ahead for sure, and keep telling us all about it. :-)

7/19/2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

30 seems a lot worse than it is. It was for me as well!

7/19/2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

You know, you set me thinking. When I finally reach the big 3-0, I know it'll be manageable, and a lot less scary because I've seen that it doesn't make any difference to you. You're still witty and living your life with much aplomp :)

7/19/2007 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff.

7/19/2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Hope you had a good one!

You commented on my blog nearly 2 years ago and I was scanning through it. Thought I would give you a shout out!;-)

Enjoy the day!

~Jen

7/20/2007 3:06 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

My ex-wife loved turning 30. She thought saying that she was 29 sounded so fake.

7/20/2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger SIMON said...

30 a fresh start, nothing to do with ticking boxes after all! Very glad to see you are still alive btw I've only just met you!!

7/20/2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Happy happy joy joy! Welcome to 29B!

7/21/2007 12:44 AM  
Blogger Px said...

wuhoo!
glad you're still breathing :)

and the call wasn't that muh hassle considering i wanted to do it

7/22/2007 5:54 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

glad you survived ;-) happy late bday!

7/22/2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger JM said...

Happy Belated!!! Happy Belated!!

7/23/2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?