Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mona Lisa

Perhaps some of you will remember the plea I made around this time last year:

Dear Univeral Powers That Be,

Before you drop anymore eligible men on my doorstep, it would be wise for you to update your screening process and refrain from sending me anymore...: married men, gay men, men old enough to be my father, assholes or losers.

The preferred qualities a man must posses (aside from actually being straight and single) are: intelligence, kindness, thoughtfulness, humor and a fondness for children (though not in a perverse way.)

A year later and not much has changed...someone up there must have wax in their ears.

Last night I was in a bar surrounded by men and which one walks/staggers up to me? The icky, old drunk guy who kept saying, "Listen, listen...I'm not the town drunk I swear."

*Pause for a belch*

"I just think you're SO beautiful. You're stunning, you have no idea how beautiful you are. You know what? You're my Mona Lisa."

He then turned to everyone within ear shot and slurred, "This is my Mona Lisa!!!"

It took me prying his fingers off of my waist and frantic pleas for help to my guy friends, to get me wrenched free and on the road to freedom. *Sigh* Why me?

On a brighter note, the nice boy in question (who shall herein be referred to as Captain McSteamy) will be visiting at the end of July. Maybe The Powers got at least one thing right.

12 Comments:

Blogger JupitersLament said...

Capt. McSteamy. Genius. Have fun sweating in the steam. Hope to happen-chance see you again soon.

6/11/2007 12:02 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Girl - you sound just like I did before I met Kevin, who also happened to be in the military :)
Every guy that would hit on me either smelled, was weird, drunk, had the belly that popped out the bottom of the shirt, or was missing SEVERAL teeth. The gettin' was good!!! LOL

6/11/2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

Patience is a virtue (just not one of mine). Wait is better than grasping something, someone, out of desperation. All will be well in time.

6/11/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger ptg said...

LOL....the powers that be need some q-tips, dontcha think?

6/11/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

ooh. I like the name Capt McSteamy LOVE IT~

6/11/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Who's the nice boy....did i miss something?

6/11/2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

love the name of Captain McSteamy.. all the best with that and pleanty of passionate kisses too!

M

6/12/2007 12:44 AM  
Blogger Deadmanshonda said...

well the wax seems to be stuffed in their quite nicely in regard to my pleas, but thanks for the funny post...;)

6/12/2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

You still have the imagination in your writing... nice character name :-D

6/12/2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger MARFSBABY said...

Here's to hoping! And rootin' for ya.

6/13/2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I think that you and I are definitely in the same boat...the one where the powers that be have wax in their ears. Anyway, just know you aren't alone.

6/13/2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

"Captain McSteamy", now that sounds like a houseguest who knows how to have some fun!

6/16/2007 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?