Sunday, June 24, 2007

Meaningfuls

I think that by now, most of you know that I've actually grown to enjoy the freedom of being single, (at least when I'm not recovering from having my heart smashed to bits). You can flirt with whomever you like, you can kiss as many boys as you like...you can do whatever your little heart desires.

BUT, I'd be lying if I didn't say that there are some things that I miss about being in a relationship. You know...for me, it's those little meaningful things that my heart yearns for.

Warm hands brushing the hair out of my face.

Secret smiles shared across a crowded room.

Having his hand wrapped around mine.

Feeling his warm breath on the back of my neck as he sleeps.

Resting my head against his chest as he nonchalantly strokes the small of my back with his fingers. (You know who you are.)

While I whittle away the hours enjoying my freedom...a little piece of my heart holds out for those moments, silently hoping that the wait won't be too long.

15 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

I love having the hair brushed away from my face but I've gotta say, I HATE people breathing on me when I sleep. It absolutely drives me bonkers!!

6/24/2007 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you- I can't stand it when someone is breathing on me!!!

Cate

6/25/2007 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all that is well and good you also forgot about the 5:00 phone call

Jessica

6/25/2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger ej said...

It's true... The smallest things really do matter the most.

I love affectionate relationships.

6/25/2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

Hang on in there, it's gonna be July soon, when he'll be back

6/25/2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

:::Sighh::: I am right there with you!!!

I just hope it happens quicker than quick for the both of us!

M

6/25/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Dammit! Now you've got me thinking about holding hands again:( I love all the sweet little things like the ones you mentioned. *sigh*

6/25/2007 11:12 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

We all wish it for you too, that has got to push things forward. :-)

6/26/2007 2:02 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm glad you remember the nice things about a loving relationship... truly they are the things that one longs for most.

6/26/2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

I long for anything and everything. I think i'm ready to kick my standards in the ass and go out with the next fool I see.

6/26/2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger Px said...

i remember doing that
as you know these are the things that i miss too

6/26/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You'll get it all. And then some ; ).

No...not from me. Get your minds out of the gutter.

6/26/2007 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... hoping you get the sweet things soon...

6/27/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I think it's the small knowing smiles that are awesome!!

6/27/2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger yrautca said...

i am glad that you are back on track. wish you the best.

6/27/2007 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?