Sunday, July 08, 2007

Loves

I was recently asked, "When was the last time you had a man tell you he loved you?"

The answer was an easy one, very recent. Eric.

I asked her the same question..."10 years ago." Hmmmm

That got me to thinking of how lucky I actually have been. I have had the fortune to be loved by not one...but four men in my lifetime. And I know there are many people that are lucky if they can think of at least one.

My first was in high school. It was more like puppy love now that I look back on it...but it was sweet...until it resulted in my first heartache.

The Second was a learning experience and the reason I started this blog. I think I loved him more than he loved me but I'd venture to guess that most of us can plead guilty to that experience at least once in our lives. I'm not bitter or resentful anymore. I don't hate him...if anything, I'm grateful.

If I hadn't taken that journey, I could never have fully appreciated the love closest to my heart. The person who kissed away all the hurt and bitterness...the person who took me by the hand and led me through the light at the end of the tunnel. The person who not only made me believe in love again but showed me what real love was. And even though our paths were forced apart...he banished my fear of love and left me with the gift of renewed hope.

Love has even been found in the most unlikliest of places...on Blogger. I have been graced with the affection of a very special friend (Px) whom I love dearly. There is nothing that makes you feel more special than knowing that there is someone out there who is thinking about you and caring about you. I am very lucky indeed.

13 Comments:

Blogger Professor Fate said...

That is a very good list. I am almost half a lifetime older and my list is only 5 women long (and it was only 3 long at your age).

I like the exercise. I hope it'll help you end the pity party and bring th smile (the one that belongs on your face) back.

7/09/2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger JM said...

I think that blogger has brought many of us virtual friends and people who listen even when we don't want to listen to ourselves (that sounded better in my head).
I'm very grateful for the people who have stopped in on my blog and read and commented with me.
I've been in love several times and I'm grateful for the experiences as well.

7/09/2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger yrautca said...

That bastard Px. Bring it on you xxxx. Linny is mine, all mine!


;)

7/09/2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

My list is also short: and my 1st has come around to also be my last... with only two in between I can't complain. Life continues thrusting all of us forward, and I am so amazed and impressed to follow along with your journey Lindsey.

7/10/2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

This post is so sweet.

7/10/2007 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing to be grateful lfor....many people go thier entire lives withiout one true love and it's good to know I've had a few under my belt....

7/10/2007 8:29 AM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Hmmm I've never been in love, nor do I recall anyone being in love with me. Well maybe one or two & I surely broke their hearts...oops.

7/10/2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

My oh MY !!! Where the hell have I been!!!! Congrats girl!! I don't think he's going to be looking much at your house!!!LOL

7/10/2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Groanin' Jock said...

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have been loved at all.

7/11/2007 5:08 AM  
Blogger Px said...

yrautca
bring it on...i'm waiting

7/11/2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Story of my life is the ones that have loved me, I did not love and the ones I did either loved me too much or not at all.
:-D
All in all, it hasn't been half bad.

An imbalance of love will destroy a relationship as fast as anything else.

You have been lucky, but the best is yet to come.

7/14/2007 7:01 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

I can honestly say I've never been loved. Not as you've difined it here.

I ahve a close family, and friends that will do anything for me should I need them too, but those aren;t the intimate relationships you're talking about. So, no... not once.

You're lucky.

7/15/2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Wow - I had NO IDEA about PX and you. I see him on here, leaving comments pretty often! That's so cool!!!

7/17/2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?