Sunday, April 23, 2006

Really?

One of my very favorite things about the holidays are actually the day after the holiday...you know, when all the holiday candy is 50% and 75% off. Believe you me, I stocked up on the marshmellow peeps during today's shopping trip.

Mmmmm. Peeps and all their sugary goodness.

See, I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity peeps eater...I do not discriminate between the marshmellow chics and the marshmellow bunnies. All peeps are welcome in my tummy.

Listen to me...rambling about my candy cravings. Ignore me.

Speaking of ignoring me (since no one ever reads this blasted blog anyway). :0) Has anyone ever googled their blog title to see what it turns up? I got bored this morning and had a go at it. It turned out to be quite interesting actually. Aside from reading that a spinster is a "rather sad, lonely woman left unfulfilled by life." That actually made me laugh out loud. Who writes this shit?

In my little search, I discovered that I am linked on the blogs of many people who have never actually left comments on my blog. They're like my silent readers...it's just that without comments you never know what a person thinks of your work but then again, I suppose the link is a comment and compliment in itself...so thank you. My only concern arose from perusing one blog to find that her description of my blog said, "Spinster War Diaries: Probably me in 10 years." Yikes. I hope she knows that I am not a bad person to be...being single can be a lot of fun...but it just has it's lows like anything else. Fear not young reader...you'll not be a spinster.

Update:
For those of you checking out your blogs...also go to Blogshares.com and you will find the damndest information on your own site. Just type in the blog title in the search box right above the log in box (at the tab next to it you will have to indicate if you are searching by title or url.) When it pulls up a list of blogs with that titile, you merely click on the link that has YOUR URL. It lists the links of people visiting your blog and even tells you how much your blog is worth...mine at the moment is worth $45,039 and apparently the stock is rising and has great room for growth. Go figure....if this were reality...I'd definetly want my cut. :o)

32 Comments:

Blogger Dzeni said...

I googled my blog title. It came up in the first slot at google which was quite a pleasant surprise :)

Your post made me smile (as always). Have to confess to being far more fussy about my choice in candy. I read the labels on chocolate and if "cocoa" is not the first ingredient - I don't buy it. Bitter chocolate rocks!

4/23/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

She'd be fortunate! :-)

4/23/2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. Thanks Dzeni and Autumn.

le chitelier...the picture is actually one drawn by my favorite local artist: Lindsey Archer

4/23/2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

You are a well written, interesting, and funny lady. She'd be lucky to be you in ten years!

4/23/2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

I googled my title and it came up with lots of movie trailers for "Somethings gotta give."

I think you should send that young lady a message that she could only be so lucky !!

4/23/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

"Listen to me, rambling about my candy cravings. Ignore me."

OK, so which is it? Listen to you or ignore you? These are mutually exclusive activities, you know.

When I googled my blog title, I didn't even show up in the first forty hits. The nerve!

All blogshare gave me was a list of links that had nothing to do with anything, really.

4/23/2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Black Crag...when it showed the list of the various blogs did you clink on YOUR Link?

If you had it would interest you to know that your blog is worth almost $7000 and considered a 'stable blog' whose stock is 'under priced.'

4/23/2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually blogshares.com...with an S.
www.blogshares.com

4/23/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

maybe that only works for blogshare in the states, when I went to it, it was just a bunch of links....no option to sign in... =(

4/24/2006 1:57 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

at least you're read more often that I am! LOL

and if that person may be you in 10 years: (a) what are they, like 15? and (b) who will you become if she becomes you? ;)

4/24/2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

For those of you who were having trouble...try it again...but this time go to BLOGSHARES.COM

I misspelled it originally. Thank you to the anonymous person who pointed it out. I tried to spell it correctly on my blog but stupid blogger won't let me publish.

4/24/2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

For real??? I don't even want to know the "value" of my blog - it's probably pretty depressing :)
LOL - "fear not, young reader..." You make me laugh!

4/24/2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger Sass said...

Yes Peeps are a must - someone sent me a funny photo where someone used them as a bra. Thanks for the tidbit on blogshare - now that's funny

4/24/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

The worth of my blog can not be calculated by mere mortal means of monetary units.

4/24/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Wow...that's kind of depressing, actually. I'm worth four thousand dollars, and I have twice as many outgoing links as incoming links.

Conclusion: I love my readers more than they love me. ;)

Ha. And you know, my main blog didn’t even show up in the top fifty for its title? The photoblog was listed first, but it's only worth like one thousand.

(Sigh) I suck. ;)

Anyways, don't say people don't read you. Trust me, people read you.

Lucky girl... ;)

You deserve it. :)

Happy Monday!
~ Ash

4/24/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

You should also check out Technorati, which is a site designed just to track who's linking to who and when.

4/24/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger berly02 said...

You have secret admirers!!

4/24/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

welcome back from your weekend with your friend. We missed you. By the way, you should try Peeps roasted over a fire. Delicious.

4/24/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

My dear Ms. Chairiet you do NOT suck. $4000 is awesome...most of the people I saw weren't over more than a thousand.

You are one of the most talented writers I know. I think our problem here is that I think you are grossly under advertised. People don't know about the wonderful Ashley...we need to get them over there so they can share the amazing world you create for the rest of us.

4/24/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Outdoorsy Girl said...

Very interesting!

4/24/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Very interesting stuff. That is such an original idea for a web site. I may ned to buy your stock. It’s going through the roof :D

4/24/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Peeps are pure sugar and totally hurt my teeth! I think I may have a cavity!!

FYI - My blog is worth crap. I'm sad now.

4/25/2006 12:14 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

woooo mine's worth $10k! when can i cash it out??? :-)

4/25/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger FU said...

9K?

Is that all i'm worth..

who do i have to sleep with to get some money dammit!

Hey.. ur worth 40K ;) ;)

4/25/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I recently had a similar discovery thanks to statcounter. Turns out I am linked on people's blogs I don't know and didn't know they were reading me. I've decided it's flattering.

4/25/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Well. Apparently mine is worth $56. No, I didn't leave off any zeros ;)

Oh well, I still like writing it. And this is my first visit here but I like it :)

4/25/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

$17,568. Hmm...more posts about boobs. That'll get me up there.

4/25/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Ah Linny, you're worth a mountain of gold....blog and all. :D
I've done that before and been horribly dismayed. See, I'm supposed to be Anonymous!!!
Apparently, I'm not real good at it. LOL

4/25/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

lol great..I will try out the blog market then Linny, thanks! :)

Keshi.

4/25/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

OK, the blogshares with an 's' address does work...

$7,000, stable and under-priced? Isn't that always the way? Stability is alays under-appreciated.

But $7,000 ... hmm, how do I incorporate again?

4/26/2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Maja said...

Ooh, that was weird.

4/28/2006 5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info sandisk ultra compact flash Antidepressantsfacts lexapro escitalopra Card cf memory reader Free coat of arms images Finding nemo backpacks How to play keno online Dental lab coats Antique spectacles eyeglasses signed mint Accutane death Granny rocking chair Hot training bras

3/06/2007 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?