Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Kiss Before Dying

I was wondering, is it possible to still be hungover from the weekend?

Before you say anything, let me just say...the whole night began very innocently as just a plan to meet some friends at the bar for a few drinks after I saw "V For Vendetta" (Great movie by the way.) Me...well, I had planned on just having a few beers. I mean, after all Bud Light and I are good friends, we've never had a falling out, he's never taken advantage of me and he always calls the next day. We're cool. However, my Bud Light was asked to wait outside while my friends lined up shot after shot after shot...(never again will I throw BL out into the cold).

At first things were right as rain...at least until someone had the bright idea to swing by Waffle House. We weren't there 15 minutes before the smell of the greasy food hit my stomach, causing it to flip and twirl to the point where I found myself face first in their toilet. (FYI-I am sooooo thankful that this was actually a clean WH.)

When the worst was over, I cautiously peered into the mirror to survey the damage. My nose and chin were a little red but I still looked presentable so I popped in a piece of gum and went back to the table. Roughly 10 minutes later, our food arrived and I unceremoniously found myself being reacquainted with the toilet. Unfortunately, my second trip to the mirror revealed some bad news. My carefully applied mascara was now lying in puddles and smudges beneath my eyes...my face was blotchy beyond repair and my hair had gone all stringy. My first reaction was, "oh god...I look like total shit." Immediately panick set in and I found myself taking a drunken inventory of all the items in the bathroom. Toilet paper: check/Soap and water: check, check/Emergency hair band in jeans pocket: CHECK!

Even with the room spinning I somehow managed to turn into MacGuyver, making use of anything that was available...except the plunger. I couldn't think of any thing to do with that.

I am relieved to find that the memory of that night is finally starting to fade away...now it's just like a faint flicker of images in the back of my mind. With any luck it will soon be swallowed up by the darkness never to be heard from again...

31 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Whats the waffle house? Is that like the IHOP?

3/23/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Yikes...sounds like a good night LOL

At least you were able to make it to the toilet and were smart enough to bring an emergency elastic. I agree though, shots are bad news.

3/23/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Dzeni said...

Live and learn! Sorry but can't help laughing at this post, the way you write brings a smile to my face, even if the story is tragic rather than comic.

3/23/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

lol, hate to break it to you, but it sounds like a night to remember, plus you wrote about it here ;-)

3/24/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Princess...yeah it's basically kind of like an IHOP except it's a lot smaller, theydon't do pancakes, they do Waffles and the kitchen is open so the booths are right next to the grills-thus you see everything being cooked.

3/24/2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger Px said...

lol you chundered :P

3/24/2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Breakfast is great after you drink aint it?

Ahhh...those days are coming back to me...hahahah

Hope it was worth it in the end.:)

3/24/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL - good times!!!

3/24/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

sounds like you had fun, till you were face first in the toilet! lol

Don't forget that I has to take you to your car the next day! lol
How did you get home? I was wondering that when I got home.

3/24/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

You can get pancakes at a Waffle House. There are two in Maryland. Both are a serious drive from DC, but that hasn't stopped me yet.

When I went to Florida for spring break, we hit every WH we saw. Awesome. The vacation sucked but WH was and always shall be awesome.

3/24/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I'm not much of a drinker, my stomach starts churning with even the thought of alcohol. Hopefully it was still fun even though you had to praise the poceline god that night. Feel better

3/24/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I do that all the time. I'm a pro. ;)

3/24/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Funny post. I didn't realize that too many shots cause stringy hair. Or was it the throwing up?

3/24/2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

That sounds vaguely like a night I might have had before. I can't be sure.
Glad your forgetting . . .

3/24/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

That sounds ridiculously unsanitary!!!

3/24/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I don't think that qualifies as a McGyver move unless you are doing it in a Turkish prison, and instead of a hair band you had to use dental floss. ;)

3/24/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

i'm the opposite... on many a night, IHOP (or another greasy food-fest) has been all that SAVED me from becoming intimately acquainted with the porcelain throne. mmm that grease tastes so good on a drunken stomach...

3/24/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yikes. What a night. Way to McGyver that situation.

3/24/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh man, I hope you feel better! The spins are the worst. That was a really funny post though.

OH, PS- i totally miss Waffle Houses from when I lived down south. i LOVE them. i want them to come up north. yummmmmmmmm.....

3/24/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Aren't you too young to remember McGuyver? I applaude the use of your skills even while in such a state to remain so practical :-)

ugh. glad it's over :-)

3/24/2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

We've all had one (or two or five) nights like that, Linny.

Though I know one guy who found a use ofr the plunger.. not a pretty sight.

3/25/2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

And no kisses for you until you use mouthwash!

3/25/2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

Oh my! Hope you are better now.

3/25/2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Linny, isn't this the second time in a week you've done this? I think I remember the phrase "I'm never going to do that again" right after St. Patrick's Day. Or was that me? I'm starting to worry about you.

3/25/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Phil...don't be a dork. I'm talking about the same day.

3/25/2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger JM said...

Throwing up is worth it, if no one gets hurt, if no one drives home drunk and if you had FUN!

3/25/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Will Shady said...

Wow Linny. It seems that you had quite a night. BL is my friend too and I understand the consequences of leaving it out in the cold for something your friends think is more festive. Anyways, I hope you feel better and I liked the whole McGuyver thing. Ha ha.

3/25/2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

LMAO!! You ARE a pro. I would have passed out on the floor.

One time I made out with a guy after throwing up in the IHOP bathroom. At the time I thought he was drunk too, but I realized later he hadn't even been drinking. Yucky!! Wonder what he thought.

3/26/2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I *heart* waffle house!

I like my hash browns scattered smothered and covered! Too bad there's no Waffle House north of Virginia that I know of.

3/28/2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger B said...

I was wondering, is it possible to still be hungover from the weekend?

My sister asks herself that question every Monday morning. And by judging usual sluggish, makeup smeared, sunglasses covering the eyes while she's in the house appearance, I believe that yes, it is possible :)

3/28/2006 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

4/23/2007 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?