Monday, March 20, 2006

Creepy Creeperson Magnet

I've always been a magnet for dirty old men. Always.

Let's start with the most recent incident shall we? Well, my friend's father is doing some work for us at the office and while I've known my friend for many years, I've only met his dad once, which apparently is lucky for me.

On his first day in the office I noticed that he continually winked at me whenever we talked, but me being one to ignore things, I just blew it off. Who knows, maybe the guy has a nervous tick or maybe he's hopped up on coke...whatever the reason, I just let it go. At least until the next afternoon when he said to me, "I notice you don't have a ring on your finger. I take it you're not married?"

(Again with this fucking question.) I forced a smile and said, "Nope...just haven't found a guy that could handle me yet." We laughed and he left.

Later that day he swaggers up to me like he's John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever." I watched him apprehensively as he noticably checked me out. There was a small pause before he leaned in and said, "Tell me, how is it that someone as vivacious and bubbly as you hasn't been snatched up yet? You're such a beautiful girl. Honey, back in the day, I would have been all over you....or I would have at least tried." (Like hell you would have asshole...I would have kicked you in the balls.) Now, keep in mind that he did NOT say this in a sweet, old man kind of way. He said it in a strictly perverse 'I think you're hot and wish I could still get it up so I could boink you' kind of way. Ewww. I still feel dirty.

As if that wasn't bad enought, there was a time when I was being actively pursued by the father of a guy I was dating. No shit. He would call me at home and offer to take me out...he would flirt with me any time I came over to the house...and the worst thing is that he was married. He flat out said in front of his son, "This is a new situation for me. I've never had to compete with my son for a girl...but this time I will." Okay...ummm right. I'm happy to say that, that was pretty much the last time I spoke to either of them. Ever.

Last but not least, you've got the years when I worked at a preschool where I was known to frequently wear cut-off shorts in the summer. (However, I will have you know that I always kept them at a tasteful length.) Anywho, several years after the fact, I was being employed by the father of one of my former students and one night he revealed to me that he used to fantasize about me and my shorts all of the time. I mean seriously...can they not keep this crap to theirselves?

25 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

You know, when I lived in the states, one of the gardners for one of the residential houses, always chatted me up like that, in that way that I felt really uncomfortable, and he used to touch my arm all the time when he talked to me. EXCEPT, this guy had served in like Vietnam...he must have been 75, if not older...And when he found out that I was quitting and moving back to Canada, he called me at my residential house, and asked to take me out for dinner before I moved. I said that I was still around for a couple of weeks, and had a lot of stuff to do, but that I would see him around, and we could discuss that later. I avoided the other residence for the last 2 weeks that I was there. He creeped me out

3/20/2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just. Ew. Truly nothing creepier.

3/20/2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger SS said...

It is creepy. There is a certain age where you just can't make comments like that anymore without looking like a perv.

On the other hand, you could fetch yourself a nice sugar daddy. I'm sure there are some perks in that. Nah -- it's just not worth it. Good luck!

3/20/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Urgh, someone fetch me a bucket! I say this too often, but I know, exactly what you mean - happens to me all the time. Was forcibly groped by one guy when I was teenager and now I'm just weary straight-off, i.e. at the very first wink or look or seemingly innocent comment. Just such a rediculous and sad state of affairs, makes me sick to my stomach whenever stuff like that happens - 30 odd years older, married, belly-guts and hairy ears and yet they still try it on - gotta hand it to them when it is due, they are certainly optimistic.
Another one that gets to me is, men checking out my sister - she's 10 years old, tall as I am and developed, but she doesn't look older than 13 at the most, again with the bucket! Urgh! Perverts - need a box around the ears more often than not.
"can they not keep this crap to theirselves?" Abso*lutely!

3/20/2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Px said...

heh heh
you said boink!!!

on a different note though some men get pervy when they get old, i think it's genetic. infact i'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to finding the pervy gene

3/21/2006 3:18 AM  
Blogger DZER said...

sounds like some boys have been reading too many Penthouse letters ... LOL

3/21/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

That is creepy... The mother of a woman I was dating several years ago would always find ways to be alone with me... Kept hitting on me. It was creeeeeepy. I felt like Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate"...

You are not alone.

3/21/2006 6:23 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

EWW - I feel ya sister. Dirty old men check out my ass at work, remember??? LOL
You should just kick him in the area next time you see him. Whether he says anything or not. That should teach him :)

3/21/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Dirty stinkin rotten old men. That would gross me out too!

3/21/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger B said...

I hate creepy mcgees like that.....there's an old guy that hits on me all the time at work and it really grosses me out.

3/21/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger PAINKEY said...

men are pigs, the older they get, the bigger pig they become....

as for the single status, I would recommend to stay that way;)

3/21/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

Sick.
What is it?
You get old and you think, hummmm, I don't have to be decent anymore.
Sick.

3/21/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Outdoorsy Girl said...

Yuck! I feel your pain. I get that sometimes, too. More times than any though, I get hit on by very young guys. It's not that same disgusted feeling you get when it's an old man, but it surely is hard to keep a straight face and not laugh.

Where in the hell are the men within our age bracket in the Atlanta area????

3/21/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

FINALLY!!!! Stupid blogger killed my blog and didn't fix it until today. It's about damn time.

3/22/2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

I feel your pain, Linny me girl. They killed my blog (again) too. :)

Happy Wednesday, and sorry I didn't comment on this one. Kinda quiet here lately...sad, sick. But yes: old men are dirty. Sometimes cute and charming, but dirty nonetheless. ;)

Stay warm and take care,
~ Ash

3/22/2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

If only women knew what I was thinking... I would be in jail...

3/22/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger JM said...

He said it in a strictly perverse 'I think you're hot and wish I could still get it up so I could boink you' kind of way.
Great line!
It creeps me out when older men like that hit on younger females. It's gross to think about.

3/22/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

lindsey i fell for you...neat time someone ask you about a man tell them to fuck off.. its makeing me pissy just you get shit about it all the time. if men in this town were worth a shit maybe you would have found one. But there worthless... they dont wont to grow up.. lauren gets the same thing but she is 21 about to be 22.
like i said tell them to fuck off! lol
grrrr

men dont get me wrong. your not all like that... just the ones in this town1

3/22/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

ewe-- your friend's father? thats just weird. though, the boyfriend's father is even weirder.

3/22/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Blech. I don't blame you for needing a shower after the conversation. Isn't it amazing what some people find appropriate?

3/22/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

You just had to go and mention cut off shorts didn't you? Focus Nick... focus. ;)

3/22/2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

Could be worse.


Well, probably not.

3/22/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Te pervert gene doesn’t age. I also had a boy friends dad that was way inappropriate and always touched me. After a weeding he always talked about a dress I wore with a low back. He had even touched my back a couple times that night. Ended up causing big probs with my relationship. This last Xmas the Santa at a store hit on me and hugged me. yuck!

3/22/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

ah, libidos and egos.

3/23/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Hey, it happens to men too... Never thought I'd see dirty old women, but it happens. lol

4/02/2006 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?