Thursday, June 03, 2010

Limping But Still Here

Hey guys...I'm still here. Just dealing with so much crap right now with all the car stuff that I've not been in much of a mood to write. It's amazing the number of things one incident can cause. One minute things are fine, next you're worrying about money, finding another car, dealing with stress, dealing with doctors and bills. Grrrrrr.

It looks like things are starting to fall into place though so that's a positive sign. I finally got a new car...a super cute, black 2010 Honda CRV so I'm happy about that. Finally negotiated a settlement with the insurance company for my car (that was a nightmare) and got the written offer yesterday. So that should be wrapped up very soon hopefully...we could really use the money to cover costs of the new one and whatnot. And I've recently sent them all my stuff for the medical portion so hopefully we can get that ball rolling. Not sure what I'm supposed to ask for, I think my boss said you start by taking the amount of all your doctor bills and multiplying it by 3? So if anyone has insight into that portion I would be greatly appreciate it.

To top things off, I slipped on some rocks last weekend and twisted the hell out of my ankle. I can finally walk on it again but it's still swollen in places, turning purple in places because of the bruises and has a tendency to go numb in places too. Sigh. If it's not one thing it's another.

But all that aside, I do love being married. There are things I've had to adjust to which I'm sure will be good for blog fodder later (like having to 'talk about and discuss' everything with finances and purchases. Sigh. I get it but it doesn't mean I have to like it.) And I've found some creative writing classes that are online but I've heard good things about them and there are no 'in-classroom' courses offered near me so it's my only real option but I'm excited about it! And as soon as we get the settlement squared away, there's a laptop I've had my eye on so that I can finally write or blog whenever I want. Right now I'm using Jess' computer but he needs it at night for work so that's another reason I've not been able to write.

So BOO to the bad things that have happened...but YAY for all the good that is coming up!

4 Comments:

Blogger Professor Fate said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you don't have traumatic amnesia. Forgetting us and that new husband.

You need to get all your accident related expenses together including time away from work before you can decide what to "pain and suffering" to ask for.

And avoid getting a lawyer if at all possible. The lawyer may get you a little more but take a quarter to a third for the effort.

6/04/2010 10:23 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Yeah, I've already got all that together. Being an office manager for a physician for 9 years, I've learned the value or documentation, organization and covering your ass! :o) So I've got everything I need, just have determine a number.

P.S. Would never forget you guys!

6/04/2010 1:16 PM  
Blogger JM said...

Always yay for the good things!!

6/04/2010 4:01 PM  
Blogger berly02 said...

Glad you are well.
I still, after 7 years of marriage, hate having to discuss every single financial decision with the hubs.
Ugh!
I think that is why that is one of the big 3 fights couples have. :)

6/05/2010 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?