Monday, December 26, 2005

The Holiday From Hell

I'm not trying to be a downer...I promise. It's just that I've been miserable this week and I need somewhere to vent...thus my blog is having to take the brunt of the crap. I promise to find lighter topics this week...

That being said...my holiday totally sucked. Due to my abscess tooth, the right side of my face and neck were swollen and the pain in my jaw was insane after I ate and at random points in the evening. I was prescribed major anti-biotics and Lortab until my root canal can be performed tomorrow. Friday evening I became more congested than I've ever been in life and no decongestant was helping. I couldn't breathe, taste, smell, sleep...and to top it off my throat was so inflamed that I could barely swallow. It got worse on Christmas Eve and my mother and boss were concerned that the infection in my jaw had somehow spread upwards...which of course freaked me out. So I high tailed it to the Emergency Room.

The only good thing in that visit was that they put me in a pediatric room that was covered in pretty murals, fun ceiling tiles that had shapes carved into them and cartoons on the television. I sat there for 3 hours waiting for him to finally come in and say, "Well, you're congested and your throat is inflamed." I raised an eyebrow and said, "Really? You think?" Like I'd been walking around talking like a man and breathing through my mouth for the fun of it. Fucker. Final diagnosis: Upper respiratory infection and viral pharingitis...on top of abscess.

I spent most of Christmas morning on my mom's couch. When I got home, my Law and Order marathon was interrupted by the crazy lady downstairs and her son. He's always screaming at her and being verbally abusive...he yells so loudly that I can hear everything he says clearly throughout my living room. This time was worse. This time she was crying and he was shouting, "Do you want your F*****G teeth?! Do you want your F*****G LIFE?!!!" Then it sounded like he hit her. I don't usually get involved in their quarrels simply because it's none of my business and she's weird anyways...but I draw the line at intimidation and abuse. I called the police. When they got there, she of course denied there had been any problem whatsoever. For crying out loud. Her son is a 19 year old punk. They didn't do anything but make him stay somewhere else for the night.

In summary...for my entire holiday weekend, I have lived on the couch, I have been in pain, I can't breathe, I have barely slept, I've been in the ER and I've dealt with the cops.

On the bright side...I did get a new computer! Woo hoo!!! Thanks Mom and Dad.

22 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

awwww...poor linny,
i'm sorry your holiday sucked. hope you get to feeling better soon.

as for the people down stairs. They need to chill out. it is said that the mom has to deal with her son like that. But if she is willing to put up with it and not do anything about it. then so be it. that may be mean or whatever. but damn...

12/26/2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Oh, Linny, so sorry you had such a crappy time! Hope you feel better a.s.a.p.

12/26/2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger Tidy Bowl said...

Poor little Linny! I sure hope your teeth/jaw/throat/nose/lungs feel better soon! The holidays (or just about any break) are just about the worst time to be sick!

And as for those people downstairs... tell them to get out more! That oddly reminds me of a friend of mine, whose brother beat up on her and her mother an awful lot. Once her brother joined the Air Force and got stationed in a different state, they all got along much better. Or at least, much quieter! So tell the 19-year-old to join the service. He'd be doing you all a favor!

12/26/2005 6:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well you will have to make up for this one with an outrageous Holiday season next year!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

12/26/2005 7:20 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Jeese I hope you're feeling better!

As for your downstairs nieghbors, well, The kid sounds like he needs a major ass kicking. As for the cops, they can't do anything if the parties involved won't press charges. It's sad a wrong and I've seen it too many times, but it's the way the laws are written.

The only way they could have locked the kid up is if they had actually seen it themselves.

You did the right thing though.

Good luck on the root canal... I've had several. They're not that bad... Well they're not that great either... But if the guy gives you plenty of novacane you won't feel a thing!

12/26/2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Linny - aww...you poor thing.

I put my hand into the drawer today, and I peeled my finger open with the potato peeler *ouch* and then I sliced my foot open on a peice of glass when my neice dropped her plate on the floor and broke it. UGH...i'm such a disaster....

12/26/2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Aw, Linny, I am so sorry to hear you had such a crappy Christmas. Neighbours are such a pain. I hate noisy neighbours. They are obviously wrapped up in and concerned only about themselves.

I had two great Christmas dinners, and two fun-filled evenings with friends. My only worry is, since I am such a night bird, that I outstayed my welcome because I didn't want the night to end.

I wasn't with family, but I am lucky in that my friends take great care of me.

12/26/2005 11:01 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Good luck with your root canal Linny! I hope you're feeling better soon. On the bright side, maybe they put you in a pediatric room because you look so young!

12/26/2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Jeez Linny - that really sucks...
I hope your New Years Eve makes up for your bad Christmas :)

12/27/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Linny, my girl. I hate that you had such a bad holiday.

I hope you get to feeling better.

And I hope your dental work went well.

Try to look on the bright side, though: if the world ends in five days, you won't miss much. ;)

Come on! It's apocalypse week!! Can't be depressed during apocalypse week!! :)

"I love the smell of Blogger in the morning."

Wait, wrong movie. Same war. Whatever.

(I'm just trying to make you smile)

Your friend who really, sincerely hopes your week gets ten times better, but will happily be here to listen no matter what you write,
~ Ash

12/27/2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

Wow. That sucks.

12/27/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Yuck that sounds like a shitty Christmas being sick and in pain and all. Good for you for calling the police though, even if they did not do much of anything at least the people now know that little ears are listening. Maybe he'll cut it out and stop being so abusive....meh i doubt it sadly enough.

12/27/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

Sorry about your holiday. At least you know next years will rock . . . compared to this of course. :)

12/27/2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger PAINKEY said...

dang girl, your blog is starting to sound like mines ;) lol

sorry to hear you had a crapy holiday.

Hope you are feeling better!

12/27/2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Wow!! Going to the ER on Christmas eve must have been a drag! I had an absess last year, by far the most painful experience of my life so far. To top it off you had all these other things bothering you! God is testing you.

12/27/2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I hope you get better.

12/27/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Man, holidays are hard to get through without all the other crap you had to deal with. At least this year is almost over!!

12/28/2005 1:08 AM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

You did the right thing about the abusive neighbor ... that will give you good teeth karma points.

Here's to Peace.

12/28/2005 1:58 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

You have SUCH a better excuse than me for why the holidays sucked!

12/28/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I hope that you have a better time on Saturday for New Years Eve then on Christmas. As for the neighbors downstairs, just complain to the office and they should be reprimanded.

12/29/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

My kid is almost 18 and I can't even IMAGINE him talking that way to me. He would be picking himself up off the ground in the next county.

I hope your doctor at least gave you plenty of good drugs.

12/29/2005 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read men's watches with red dials Mazda mx6 1995 Czci do renault clio uk wedding stationery watch andre' visior music video old gold hoover vacuum cleaner search engine optimization tool haiti richmond ice cream makers bentley hotel in new york city 20 r vision travel trailer Verizon cell phone antenna Send by fax Increase web site traffic advertising online affil Mate watch Omni fax casio watch catalogue

2/03/2007 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?