Friday, September 02, 2005

By golly!

Hold on, wait a minute...yep...almost...here it comes...yes...by george I think we've got it!!! After all my interviewing (again) I think we have found a winner. Finally! It's only been 3 days but so far I'm very pleased with our new employee. If only she knew how many people I'd gone through to get her...damn. You would not believe the last couple of interviews I had...

1. One had a lazy eye and fang like teeth...very distracting and scary.
2. One woman had some sort of nervous tick and she kept winking at me with her right eye. Very peculiar.
3. Another girl looked like she'd straight up walked over from the trailor park. She was a big girl, wearing white jeans and a neon pink shirt that were both 5 sizes too small. I saw more bulges and boobs than I cared to for. Not to mention the black roots and bleach blond ends.
4. Some crazy woman called to ask if we were still interviewing for the position and when I said yes, she says to me..."Well tell me about it and I'll decide if I want it." Excuse me? I muttered, "It's a back office position, Mon thru Fri." She says, "Well, I'm ONLY available by appointment and my schedule is full this week so you'll have to work something out." What balls this woman has!!! I just smiled into the phone and said, "I have no intention of working anything out. It's just too bad for you." Click. Smart ass biatch.

On a side note, one of the new girls my boss hired is about to drive me nuts. We have discussed at length my inability to cope with morning people. This girl...well, she admitted that she drinks and ENTIRE pot of coffee by herself each morning and by the time she gets to work, she is so freakin' wired that she can't stand still. My biggest problem is her mouth. She talks 90 to nothing and follows you around the building chatting in your ear. This morning I wanted to turn around, put my hand over her mouth and tell her to shut up or I'd have to do it for her.

On a side side note (he he), I managed to give myself a paper cut on the eye today. Very painful. Good thing I work for an eye doctor.

12 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

What the heck were you doing that you got a paper cut on your eye?!

9/02/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I was in the middle of a Lasik surgery Pre-op and I was double checking his consent forms. I picked the packet up to flip the form and didn't realize how close it was to my face. I had to conduct the rest of the pre-op with that eye squeezed shut, holding a tissue to it. Very professional...let me tell you.

9/02/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

yeeks - that's gotta hurt...

9/02/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger blithering moron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/02/2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

You know though, my worst paper cut fear has always been on the lips. God that would be awful!!! I saw on a movie one time where somebody was being held hostage and given paper cuts on the lip. How twisted! It was horrible!!!

9/02/2005 10:50 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Have you ever seen the Barbra Streisand/Ryan O'neil film, where she tries to explain to a table full of boxing-related people just how painful a paper cut is? And if you are going to get one, the eye (huh???) must be the worst! Poor you.
That lady, the biatch, I bet she wasn't really busy and had just read some self-help manual entitled "How to intrigue the interviewer" or similar, lol.

9/03/2005 1:10 AM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Linny...I told you...put some thorazine in that girls Coffee...it will WORK, I swear. I would never lie to you!

And as for a papercut in the EYE? HE didnt bleed from his eye did he? You know how I feel about bleeding from the eyes.....

9/03/2005 1:18 AM  
Blogger Px said...

papercuts just remind me of the jackass film, or at least i think it was the film when they were papercutting the webbing between fingers and toes...not cool
glad you found a new employee... shoulda asked me, i love interviewing people and weeding out the weak ones and playing on the weaknesses of others (mwuahahahahhaahahaha...but then i am evil i guess) either that or i could've applied for the job myself...do i need a visa to work in the US? seeing as the uk is the 51st state anyway

9/03/2005 5:23 AM  
Blogger berly02 said...

I had a paper cut on my eye once. I was working at a bagel place and had to serve customers. I had no depth perception and ended up cutting my finger all over a blueberry bagel. I feel your pain girl!

9/03/2005 9:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Who knew all the crazies tried to get jobs with eye doctors? In my experience with over talkers I say you have to out talk them! They do not want to listen only talk. So if forced to listen they will go away. If that does not work - I agree with princess!

9/03/2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn. Morning people suck. Damn. That eye thing. That's a neat trick.

9/03/2005 12:21 PM  
Blogger Special Sauce said...

It had actually gotten so bad at the Codger Corral that anyone who showed up attired in something vaguely professional, (or at the very least, vaguely business casual) to fill out an application, was granted an immediate interview.

(I should probably mention that they STILL didn't do that many immediate interviews, because the people they got? Rolled in with their kids, or dressed like they just finished a shift walking the street, or like they just finished cleaning their bathroom.) I feel your pain. (At least with interviews.)

9/03/2005 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?