Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Thanksgiving Day That Almost Wasn't

My father tried to cancel Thanksgiving (thank god my mother nixed it.)

I might have been more understanding about his wanting to use the long weekend to take my mom on a trip...but this is how he broached it.

"Hey Face!" (My nickname, he never calls me Lindsey.) "Hey, I was talking to all the kids about maybe not having Thanksgiving this year and I wanted to see what you thought of it. None of the others seemed to really mind. Katie is going to her boyfriend's family's house and the boys will go to their girlfriend's family's house....so...that just leaves you with nowhere to go. I mean, I can buy you a turkey if you want."

Buy me a turkey indeed!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ash said...

Umm more importantly, why is your nickname "face"???

11/22/2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Perhaps Linny was a big fan of the A-Team when she was a kid.

11/22/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Oh, that would have sucked. You've got a permanent invitation to come here for Thanksgiving if it ever does happen. You'll have to buy your own plane ticket though...

11/22/2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

I still love the A-team, please tell me this is why. :-D

LOL, now there's an offer I'll bet you never thought you'd get. I like your father already! :-D

11/22/2007 2:09 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

PS Happy Thanksgiving, however you end up celebrating, xo

11/22/2007 2:09 PM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

Lol! Your dad is funny :)

11/22/2007 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Miss Ash ... why is your nickname FACE???? Happy American Thanksgiving!

11/23/2007 1:07 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

LOL! I agree with Saffronsaris. You're dad is funny. Lighten up!

11/23/2007 6:31 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Phil you'd better watch it. You've been awfully sassy lately!

11/23/2007 7:12 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Ouch! Thank god for intervening moms...

11/23/2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 fantastic fully prepared Smoked Turkey (with gravy on the side) from Sam & Dave's BBQ in Marietta, $29.95. 3 great sides from the OK Cafe, Buckhead, $30. Total travel time, 1hr. Total prep time, the time it took to heat it all up in the microwave. Wine & spirits optional (well we had them on hand). Result: Priceless, flawless & effortless.

Learning that the holiday is all about making time for the family, worth Dad picking up your leftovers (mentioned above) for next years feast.

And me, I'm betting you're the best looker in the family, hence 'the face'! Cheers & Hope you enjoyed the day with family, despite it all 'VJ'

11/24/2007 2:06 AM  
Blogger Mad Munkey said...

...I'll buy you a turkey...

Speechless.

11/24/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?