Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Pear Shaped

Sometimes life has a way of going all pear shaped.

One moment you're skipping along in the sunshine and the next you're floundering in a sea of uncertainty and doubt, desperate to keep your head above water and cursing yourself for having never really learned how to swim.

Each day survived was done with a friend's words in my ear. Every day you go in and you pick a task and give it your full attention. When that one's done, you move on to the next and keep going. Focus on the things you can control. And then at 5 when you walk out that door and into the world that's out of control, just keep reminding yourself to breathe.

So that's what I did.

I remembered to breathe.

In and out.

Out and in.

Counting each labored breath until the world righted itself again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Courtney O. said...

Are you ok? Anything I can do to help? I'll keep you in my prayers, girl :)

4/01/2008 12:50 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Thanks Courtney. Everything is all better now. I thought the bottom was going to fall out of everything last week, but it all worked out and is back to normal.

4/01/2008 6:19 AM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I'm glad to hear everything is better. The way I see it, is....when there is nothing else left to do, just ride along with the ride you are on and let things fall where they fall. And if the ride was not worth riding again, find a new rollercoaster to ride that doesn't have as many ups and downs. But since I have no idea what your roller coaster ride was, that's the best advice I can give you.

4/01/2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger Miss Ash said...

Good to hear everything is back to calm!

4/01/2008 12:08 PM  
Blogger lolly said...

I was worrying for a while there!! Glad you got it all sorted!

4/01/2008 1:27 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Was worried but glad to see things are righting themselves.

4/01/2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger lolly said...

And now it would seem that i am trying to follow your advice as I drown in the exact same frustrations...

4/04/2008 11:41 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill, English prime minister

I can't say it better.

4/09/2008 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is to the world righting itself again...! Renews your faith in breathing eh???? =)

I hope all is well!

4/09/2008 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?