Friday, January 25, 2008

Backfired

Apparently my little dance to the snow gods backfired.

I hopped about like a fool, praying for it to get cold enough to snow and freeze over...for the sole purpose of getting out of work the next day. (Ok, and yes I wanted to play in the snow.)

So the next morning, clad in my pajamas...I stumbled bleary eyed into the livingroom, fumbling with the tv remote until I found the local news. I had a sudden flash back to elementary school, sitting in front of the tv...biting my lip as I waited for them to announce the school closings, praying they'd say my school.

Twenty some odd years later and not much has changed. I waited, fingers crossed as they zoomed through the counties (if the schools are closed so is the office).

"Come on, say Frazier County...say Frazier.........Damn!!" They went right from "D" to "G". Which means...work. :o(

And not only did I NOT get a free day...but it has stayed cold as hell for the last 2 weeks. *Sigh*
Next time, remind me to save my hopping around for hopes of indoor activities.

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ash said...

Haha that happened to us as well a while back. We had a huge snowstorm on Sat and Sun couldn't leave the house the roads were sooo bad. By Monday everything was cleared and off to work we went. BOOOOO!

1/25/2008 11:32 PM  
Blogger Big Ben said...

Were they at least "sexy" PJs?

I bet they were the kind with feet in them.

1/25/2008 11:59 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

that was always the worst, when your school got skipped :(

1/26/2008 11:03 AM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

I never liked snow days...i loved school. I never even skipped a class of high school...EVER. Not even when I could sign myself out!

1/26/2008 7:23 PM  
Blogger yrautca said...

Yeah my family tells me its cold there but not as cold as over here. And this city never stops. So even the thought of getting a day off doesnt cross one's mind.

1/27/2008 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a day of blogging at work instead of working for this snowdance misfire! lol

1/27/2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger Professor Fate said...

No, love, you just need to be more specific in you voodoo snow dances. (Saturday was a nice snow day, tho).

Can you do the false spring voodoo dance for the weekend of the 10th. I have a golf tournament on your side of town.

1/28/2008 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?