Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Just Another Bad Date..

Okay, so I'm on a dating kick this week. Sue me. Unfortunately for me, the last date I went on was 8 months ago so my stories are a bit dated. So sorry.

I know everyone must have at least ONE really bad date story where you've been screwed over by the other party. (If you don't...make one up so I don't feel so bad.) Mine happened many years ago...I think I was actually about 19 or 20 at the time. This moron, (Brandon) picks me up and we go to Applebees for dinner. I didn't know him really well, but I did know him and a few of his friends socially so when he mentioned that one of them was going to meet us at the restaurant briefly, I was fine with that. We had just sat down and hadn't even ordered drinks yet when he looked down and said he was getting a page from his mom. (Yes, this was when beepers were still the thing and everyone didn't own a cell phone.) He returned after 'calling' from the payphone and said that his grandmother had just been rushed to the ER and he had to go. He drove me home and on the way I questioned whether he needed to call his friend and let him know not to meet him at the restaurant...he offhandedly says, "No, I'm not going to worry about it."

Of course I totally didn't believe him. So I waited a few minutes after he dropped me off and I met up with a couple of my friends that had just gotten off work from another restaurant nearby. ( Okay...let me just preface this by saying, please don't give me too much shit...this all happened when I was young and it in no way reflects my thoughts or actions as an adult. ) Alright, with that out of the way...my friends convinced me that we should drive by the restaurant to see if he went back there. So I agreed, strictly out of curiosity and sure enough...when we pulled up we saw his jeep...then we saw him sitting there with his buddy. It hadn't been more than 20 minutes since he dropped me off.

One of my friends was known to be a bit further down on the 'psycho girl spectrum' so she took it upon herself to write him a quick note saying, "Glad to see your Grandmother is feeling better." She ran over and put it on his windshield but then we had to haul ass because he saw her and took off out of the restaurant after her. I on the other hand was sitting on the floorboard of the passenger seat...completely embarrassed. Believe it or not, still tried calling me several times after that...still insisting that his Grandmother had indeed been ill. Whatever.

30 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

OH MY GOD, I've been there- done that. I used to also do such deeds as "drive-by's". I've crouched one too many times on the passenger's side floor. But these boys were so full of crap back in those days.

I have horror stories as well- you're not alone.

I'm glad your friend put that note on his car. I would have done the same! Jerk!

Good story :)

11/30/2005 7:04 PM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Jackass! It was his loss...

11/30/2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger berly02 said...

Holy crap. I would have felt horrible. How the hell could he even think of calling?
What a moron!

11/30/2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger JM said...

Maybe the other guy was his real date. You were just the cover up for his buddies to think that he was a "man".

11/30/2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

My sister & I used to call her car the "getaway car" because we'd do the drive by thing.. many years ago.. back when that song by the Police was on the radio a lot, "every breath you take".. the stalker song. I'm cracking up. :)

11/30/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

That is a funny story Linny, but not as bad as my worst date story. Has your date ever been arrested and taken away in cuffs during dinner? For me the handcuffs usually don't come out until later and are a lot more fun. Linny, I can't freakin' believe you haven't had a date in months! Are all the guys in Georgia morons?

11/30/2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Let's see I would say the guy who called me the next day and said he didn't like the answers to his questions and could he date my best friend takes the loser award...

11/30/2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am totally the friend that would have left the note on the car. So I would not apologize for that kind of behavior.

11/30/2005 11:35 PM  
Blogger Tidy Bowl said...

Dude, where are all the quality guys?

12/01/2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Most of the girls I know would have gone in there with the two friends, casually walked up and sweetly ask him how his grandmother is doing and just walk away without waiting for an answer.

The rest of the girls I know would break something over his head for lying, no questions asked.

12/01/2005 3:45 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Don't ask Kat about a certain Mexican resturant and me breaking a tooth on a burrito!

I thought she was going to pass out...

LOL

12/01/2005 7:58 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh my God, me and my friends used to do drive by's so many times! What were we going to do if they were actually outside??? Wait, we do know, we got busted one time....and let's just say it was pretty embarassing, even though we pulled it off! LOL

12/01/2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Px said...

i swear i posted something earlier...but it would appear i was wrong
(as usual)
anyway i can't remember what i though i posted earlier either, so it was probably as interesting as this comment is!!
everyone has stories like that, which sucks. people should be open and honest and nice to other people, but at the same time try not to hurt other peoples feelings

12/01/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Oh well, he was young too, so hopefully he's improved with age.

12/01/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

when i was elemntary school, i called a guy from my class. it was the first time i ever called a guy. i was so nervous...

well, his mom picks up. and i can tell she's been crying. she says that his grandmother just died, so he cant talk.

it was YEARS till i called a guy again.

12/01/2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Linny,
as you know i have a big mouth. so i would have went in there and said something to him.

if something goes on with my friends like that they come to me cause i have to big mouth! I don't know if that is a good thig or a bad thing.

i have had the same thing done to me also. but he left to go out with a friend of mine. BITCH!!! lol

12/01/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I've got one for you... I posted it a long while ago...

Waste of a clean pair of socks

12/01/2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger Kuflax said...

You totally should have busted him. Walked right in with your girlfriends, and questioned him with them surounding him, right in front of his friend. Make as BIG of a scene as possible. Tell all the tables next to his what happened. Ask the bartender to make an announcement over the PA.

Guys like that ruin it for the rest of us. What a donkey.

12/01/2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

What a complete loser. I can't beleive he had the nerve to even call you and tell you that. "it wasn't me" song going through my mind thinking of that ass. I think that you should have waited for him to get our of the restaraunt and told him what a jerk he was and embarrassed the crap out him

12/01/2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That's a true friend for ya!

12/01/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

That's HORRIBLE!!! But the unfortunate thing is, is that my dates are usually fine, its just that when we end up getting serious, and are a "couple" that they lie. LIE like CRAZY. Not to get out of the relationship, but just to cover their tracks. Ugh. I should write a post about it.

12/01/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

I did write a post about it....you're not alone girl.....we all get the shaft sometimes.

12/01/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Ashbegosh said...

Your life should be shown on the WB. It'll be great sitcom.

12/01/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Natalia said...

Ahhh..why do they do the things they do is so beyond me. Sorry you encountered morons. PP and I also posted about dating. It's sad but at least I am in good company in my dating nightmares.

-N

12/01/2005 6:25 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

All I can say is, I'm very glad to be out of the dating pool. It sounds like such a shark tank. That was a pretty lame thing to do - what a coward to make up a story like that.

12/01/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

that is a great story. maybe Brandon was in Applebees ordering just desserts.

12/01/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger PAINKEY said...

gurl, he's lucky I wasn't there. I woulda kicked his ass for you. What a creep!!!

12/02/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

You've inspired me. I'll have to post my story about the psycho ex girlfriend that broke into my date's apartment while we were ummm ... having a good time.

12/02/2005 7:08 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! What a LOSER! That is AWESOME about your friend tagging his windshield - I hope he was embarassed!

12/08/2005 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Cheaper tramadol craps Thyroid allergies Blast cabinet faucet Klonopin withdrawel symptoms D3122xl asko dishwasher free christmas card graphics Team anaconda vite tires breast augmentation winter park 13 tvs Tv commercial on diet pills average weight loss with bontril security home Pennsylvania bextra lawyers pennsylvania bextra attorney Laboratory chest freezer Livingston registrar broadband Rent a car fort lauderdale airport fla Strong woman anal

4/25/2007 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?