Sunday, October 02, 2005

I Demand a Refund

Oh geez. Where to start? I guess I'll just do a brief summary for now and go into more detail later...I hate when people always write really long posts so I'm conscience about keeping mine at a reasonable length. I don't want you people to skip me because I'm being wordy.

First of all, it was just like being in high school all over again. There were still the cliques and no one was really willing to associate with anyone who was outside of their clique. Cathy and I walked in and all I saw were all the people I never associated with in school...aka the snooty kids. For one reason or another, the people I was looking forward to seeing never showed. (And Courtney, for the record, The Ho never showed. I was so pissed...but Cathy has convinced me it is because she has gotten so fat that she was unable to show her face...I'm going to choose to believe that.) Most of the snooty girls were still skinny and were getting drunk and acting like idiots. The guys were all going bald so I saw more shaved heads than I had originally thought. There were no beer chugging contests, however there was an unfortunate incident on the dance floor with one of the snooty girls dancing dirty with another chic and then flashing her, um, 'business' to the whole crowd. This is why you wear undies.

Since I had never even spoken to many of these people, it should be no surprise what happened when I ran into one of them in the bathroom. She smiles at me and says, "Are you having a good time?" "Yes," I lied. She smiled again, "Good, who are you here with?" Sweet Jesus. She thought I was someone's date.

Thankfully, people I knew started showing up and we chatted. I spent the majority of the evening being harassed by this little guy would kept hitting on me. I'm not shitting you when I say he comes up to boob level...he's only a little over 5'0 ft. When a girl says she doesn't want to dance...take no for what it means and walk away. Ugh! Okay, so then I ran into my exboyfriend and his wife. *way weird* ...at least until I'd had a couple of beers. He looks the same, still nice and still funny but he never got far without her right at his shoulder. I was pleased to notice that she is rather plump these days....ha. Score one for Linny for being hotter than the new wife. It's terrible but I wonder what he thought.

Okay, enough boring you...I'll save the rest for later...

23 Comments:

Blogger berly02 said...

He thought, "Damn! Linny is hot. I totally should have treated her better. I wonder if she saw how big my wife's ass is now?"

10/02/2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Lol! You crack me up!

10/02/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger SaffronSaris said...

Yay Linny, I bet you look way way better than those snooty girls!

10/02/2005 9:18 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I guess there wasn't any bad comb-overs, ala Donald Trump...

I have to thank my dad for his good genes... I'm 39 and still have a full head of hair...

10/02/2005 9:19 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Ah, you have just reminded me why I want to avoid my own reunions.

10/02/2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

I'm with Berle - and that is funny, Berly!
So all in all, a success, right? Sure there were weird moments, but it turns out that the Ho's ass was too fat to even show for the reunion, (and I don't feel bad about saying that - she was totally after your man during high school) and you're hotter than the ex's wife. It couldn't have been better if the ex had shown up wearing coveralls with socks and sandals!!! Decisive Victory for Linny...

10/02/2005 11:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Cathy and I decided that there is no way in hell we will go to the 20th reunion unless we are super successful, rich and majorly hot husbands...then we will use this to rub in the snooty people's noses.x

10/03/2005 6:29 AM  
Blogger Px said...

americans are so funny

i don't think that here many schools or groups (or anything really) go in for the whole big reunion thing

even if they did i wouldn't go

school days are the best days of our lives...yeah right...the best days of my life were ones when i didn't know waht was going on, so that was probably up until about 4 years old...way before school

10/03/2005 6:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My 20th is fast approaching. Skipped 10th 'cause I figured most of my friends wouldn't even be eligable for parole yet. You could've had a bunch of fun - Like taking off your name tag then walking up to random spouses and tell them "ohh is your wife still into threesomes, senior year we did Mr. Cramukel, the Trig teacher, I still don't know my she wanted the midget to watch us", or "When did your husband go Straight?"

10/03/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

YAY FOR LINNY BEING HOTTER THAN THE NEW CHICK! :) If my high school sweetheart had been in my class (he was a year ahead) I would've had no intentions of going! 2 weeks ago he married the girl that he started dating about 30 seconds after our 3+ year relationship ended. Gross.
It sounds like I didn't miss much by not having my reunion! Although my class only had 50 people so everyone knew everyone!! I'm dying to know - what was your response to the snot in the bathroom? What a bitch! That girl was Allison Beaker in my class. ;)
I agree with Courtney, definitely a victory overall. :)

10/03/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Go Linny! You hot babe! I'm not sure if I'll ever make it to one of my reunions. I've already missed the 5 & 10.

10/03/2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

Wife was cleaerly insecure and jealous - and you rock!
Those snooty girls are pure trash from the sounds of it...snooty cuz they have no class - and you rock!

10/03/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger lorena said...

Those girls sound extremely annoying - yech.

10/03/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

We didn't totally lie...we just fudged a bit on the questions.

"Are you married?"..."Heck No, I'm not ready to settle down yet..."

"Are you dating anyone?"..."yes, actually I'm dating quite a few people..."

10/03/2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Someone didn't wear undies and flashed the crowd? OMG, I hope you had a camera! That picture needs to be included on the invites for the next reunion!

10/03/2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

Hey Linny, I'm having a 6 month reunion for my blog this weekend. Wanna come? ;-)

10/03/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Yay Linny!

Way to be skinnier than the new wife!!

I just found out that my ex and his wife are both packing on the pounds these days!!

Sweet victory for all of us!! ;)

Glad it went well,

~ Ash

10/04/2005 5:41 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

ooooo Trée, does that mean we can dress up and play naughty cowboys and indians with you and Agnes? I'll be your squaw. :0)

10/04/2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger Trée said...

Linny, just make sure you have a pair of boots like the pic on Aggies site. Oooohh, I can just feel that suede now. ;-)

10/04/2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I never went to my high school reunion....

10/05/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

My ten year is next year and I already blew off my five year. My high school is a little nuts about reunions. I didn't go beacuse I had no money and had just broken up with girl I thought was special.

I think that reunions are frightening because these types of events show us how much we have changed and how much we haven't changed.

On the flippant side, if 5'0" is boob height, does that make you about 6' tall?

10/05/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Linny, I'm so glad you survived with your head up. I guess, judging by the crowd, that high school was pretty much IT for the snooty gals. Imagine that?! They probably went home thinking they had a good time.
You, on the other hand, have so much more going for you. Who needs 'em anyway!
It totally rocks that you were the hot chick! WTG!

BTW - I understand Phred wishes to play Cowboys and Indians also. Looks like the game may be on again soon.

10/06/2005 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

3/06/2007 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web statistics
Who links to me?